Sunday, August 25, 2013

Things I Think About


Things I think about.

1. I’ve always wondered if mine and Nate’s relationship would feel different if/when we got married (for a long time we both thought marriage seemed a little unnecessary). In a very lovely way, I do feel a bit changed. My heart is….. calm. It’s nice.

2. I have horrible sleeping habits. Lately, I have horrible everything habits. Is August too late to make a New Year's Resolution?

3. I hate that I have two cats.

4. I adore my cats.

5. I’m realizing more and more that I am not the kind of person who makes “informed decisions.” I don’t weigh pros and cons or try to see every possible outcome. I’m really impulsive in most of my decision making, I just automatically know what I want. The heart wants what it wants, right?  I wonder if this is a bad thing.

6. I like that I’m turning 23 next week. Becoming an adult who makes adult decisions (even misguided decisions) has felt incredibly empowering.

8. Remember earlier when I said I never think things through? Yeah, I’ve decided it is a bad thing. A few nights ago I pulled out my eyelash extensions because I was sick of them. I didn’t think about how I wouldn’t have any eyelashes left or it might be better if I had a professional do it. Nope... I just had to have them out, so out they came. Now I look completely ridiculous.
 
Also, last winter I just HAD to HAVE Zooey Deschanel-esque thick, straight-across bangs. Every once in a while they looked cute, but for the most part they were just a giant inconvenience. Bangs are a long term choice ladies (like rescuing a cat). Now I have all these short, stumpy hair strands that refuse to grow and clearly I did not learn my lesson.

9. Tomorrow I start the final semester of my college career and I’m honestly not even the slightest bit worried about it. I haven’t even purchased a textbook yet. I just have this feeling that everything is going to be okay. Who am I.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your final semester! It's the best feeling when you're all done.

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete